Watermelon is the trade mark fruit of summer, it`s refreshing, delicious and no barbecue can pass without a slice of it. You probably didn`t know how beneficial it can also be. It`s only the hydration you need during hot summer days, it`s also great for your kidney and high blood pressure.
It contains vitamin A & C, citrulline, lycopene, which are excellent for the overall health
Here are 9 incredible and surprising health benefits of consuming watermelon every day:
- Good for the skin: Add some watermelon if you want to refresh your skin; the vitamin A from this fruit will stimulate the growth of body tissue, moisturizing and making the skin glow.
- Healthy heart: Lycopene from watermelon can improve cardiac functions, so it`s recommended for people with heart problems or if you experience frequent chest pains. Also, the vitamin C, potassium and carotenoids will regulate cholesterol levels and maintain your heat healthy.
- Healthy kidneys: Regular consummation of watermelon will increase urine flow, which is very important for healthy kidneys and the painful process of passing kidney stones.
- Improved eyesight: Watermelon improves eyesight and keeps the eyes healthy; its vitamin A can prevent conditions like night blindness and macular degeneration related to age.
- Strong and healthy bones: The high content of potassium and lycopene keeps the joints and bones strong and healthy, reducing the risk of injury or deterioration.
- Balanced blood pressure: Include more watermelon to your diet to lower the blood pressure, because it`s rich in magnesium and potassium, both beneficial for this condition.
- Relieves sore muscles: Watermelon is excellent for relieving sore muscles and an anti-inflammatory agent. A study including volunteers who drank juice from watermelon before going to the gym, showed reduced muscle soreness, in comparison with the other group who drank a placebo. It`s better to use the whole fruit, because the juice contains more fructose.
- Help with asthma: High doses of vitamin C from watermelon can prevent development of asthma. Other nutrients from this fruit can improve the overall lung health, in those who already suffer from asthma.
- Helps the fight against Prostate cancer: Watermelon contains certain nutrients which are very useful in the fight against cancer; the antioxidant properties can reduce the risk of cancer. It`s especially helpful for prostate cancer, because of the lycopene content.
We hope that these 9 incredible benefits will make you add more watermelon to your diet during the summer period.