Ginger is valued as a zesty spice and a reliable medicinal her for centuries, with the first recorded uses found in ancient Sanskrit and Chinese texts. The Greeks, Romans, and Arabic’s people used ginger in their medicine practices and till today its uses are widely known all around the world. It is a flavoring agent in beer, soft drinks, candies and a staple spice and condiment in many countries.
Ginger is the 12th spice on the list of most consumed spices in the USA. People consume it to improve digestion, to relieve nausea and morning sickness, asthma, coughs, colic, heart palpitations, swellings, dyspepsia, rheumatism and it is proved that it has anti-inflammatory qualities.
Nevertheless, ginger can be used in many ways but we believe that you haven’t heard about this one yet. Moreover, in this article, you will learn how to make ginger beer, at the same time enjoy the beer while using ginger’s health benefits.
It’s time for Ginger Beer Recipe!!
You need :
- 200 grams peeled and chopped ginger
- 450 ml filtrated water
- 225 grams sugar
- 115 ml sparkling water
- Few drops of lime juice
- Lemon slices
- Put the water in a pot and bring it to boil. While still boiling, put the ginger in the pot.
- Lower down the heat and stir for 5 minutes on low heat.
- Remove the pot from the stove and let it stay for 20 minutes.
- Strain the liquid from the ginger.
Then it’s time to make the syrup:
- Dissolve the sugar in 1 cup of boiled water.
- Mix ½ cup of the ginger juice with 1/3 cup of the syrup and ½ cup of sparkling water.
- Mix honey and some lime juice.
This is a perfect way to heal with beer.