There are times in your life when you stop having regular sex, from different reasons. It can be some sickness, a painful breakup, or you just have too many obligations, feel tired and can`t find the time.
The sexual hibernation starts with days that turn into weeks, which turn into months… Then you come to the point where you can`t even remember the last time you`ve had sex!
Sexual inactivity hurts your libido and self-esteem, but also your health. Your body reacts to this situation in the form of sadness, depression, lack of focus and libido, but also increased risk of health problems.
Here are 9 things which happed when you stop having (regular) sex:
- You get prone to viral infections: Dr. Cory B. Honickman says that the immune system gets weaker when we don`t have sex for too long. Actually, more sex will protect you from common colds and flu.
- Higher risk of prostate cancer in men: Longer period without sex can increase the risk of prostate cancer.
- The vaginal walls become weaker: Regular sex strengthens the vaginal muscles.
- You and your partner start to grow apart: Relationships get undermined, the closeness between partners gets weaker from lack of sex. You will end up feeling insecure about how you feel for each other.
- Your self-esteem can be affected: Long periods of sex deprivation will make you feel sad and unattractive. Some experts claim that semen can have powerful anti-depressant effects.
- Your dreams change: Sexual hibernation will cause sex dreams or sleep orgasms.
- Increased stress levels: The hormones which make you feel good drop from lack of sex, and it gets more difficult to deal with stressful situations from your everyday life.
- Getting aroused becomes harder: Sexual inactiveness can cause premature ejaculation and erectile dysfunction in men.
- You lose the urge for sex: Your libido gets reduced from lack of sex, so you have less and less urges for any sexual activity.